HumiSeal 1B18 Aerosol Conformal Coating
Properties of HumiSeal® 1B18 Aerosol
Solids Content, % by weight per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4044 7 ± 1 %
VOC 687.5 grams/litre Drying Time to Handle per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4061 30 minutes Recommended Coating Thickness 25 - 75 microns
Recommended Curing Conditions 24 hrs @ RT or 2 hrs @ 76°C Time Required to Reach Optimum Properties 7 days
Recommended Stripper HumiSeal® Stripper 1080, 1080EU Shelf Life at Room Temperature, DOM 24 months
Thermal Shock, 50 cycles per MIL-I-46058C -65°C to 125°C Coefficient of Thermal Expansion - TMA 67 ppm/°C Glass Transition Temperature - DSC 42°C
Modulus - DMA 11.1 MPa Dielectric Withstand Voltage, per MIL-I-46058C >1500 volts Dielectric Breakdown Voltage, per ASTM D149 6300 volts Dielectric Constant, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98 2.6
Dissipation Factor, at 1MHz and 25°C, per ASTM D150-98 0.010
Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C 5.5 x 1014 ohms (550TΩ) Moisture Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C 7.0 x 1010 ohms (70GΩ) Fungus Resistance, per ASTM G21 Passes
Application of HumiSeal® 1B18 Aerosol
1. Allow 48 hours minimum to reach room temperature before using cans stored or received during cold weather.
2. When applied in conditions of high ambient humidity, blushing (cloudy white film) may appear. Heating the coated assembly in an oven for 1/2 hour at 76°C eliminates this condition.
3. Cleanliness of the substrate is extremely important to the successful application of a conformal coating.
Surfaces should be free of moisture, dirt, wax, grease and all other contaminants. Otherwise, ionic or organic residues on the substrate could be trapped under the coating and cause problems with adhesion or electrical properties. The highest long term reliability for a coated printed circuit assembly will be when the conformal coating is applied over a clean, dry substrate.
The application of conformal coatings over no clean flux is a common practice. The user should perform adequate testing to confirm compatibility between the conformal coating and their particular assembly materials and process conditions. Please contact HumiSeal for additional information.
4. Mask areas not requiring coating from overspray using suitable non-silicone masking methods or materials.
5. Shake can vigorously before using and repeat frequently during use.
6. Best results are obtained by spraying from a distance of 30 - 40cm in light even coats. A film thickness of 25 -
75 microns is sufficient to provide protection.
7. To clean nozzle after use, hold can upside down, then press nozzle for a few seconds.
Application of HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings should be carried out in accordance with local and National Health and Safety regulations.
The solvents in HumiSeal® Conformal Coatings are flammable. Material should not be used in presence of open flame or sparks. Use only in well-ventilated areas to avoid inhalation of vapours or spray. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Consult MSDS/SDS prior to use.