Instant adhesives (also known as cyanoacrylates or super glue) are fast-acting, strong adhesives suited to a wide range of applications. They form instant bonds to virtually any material, including rubber, wood, metal and engineered plastics. Cyanocrylates are single component and cure at room temperature.
ConRo Electronics offers a wide choice of instant adhesives from major manufacturers such as Henkel Loctite.
- Easy to use: They come in gel or liquid form, with a choice of applicators to suit the project. Most cyanoacrylates are one-part, so there is no need to mix components. They can be integrated in an automated production line or applied manually.
- Versatile: Instant adhesives provide excellent bonding to most substrates. They can be used for industrial purposes or to repair household items. They come in a wide variety of formulations, to fit user requirements.
- Strong: Instant adhesives produce strong bonds. They provide the strength and flexibility to resist shock, vibration and impacts.
- Fast: Curing speed ranges from seconds to a few minutes. Reaching holding strength immediately means parts can move rapidly to the next processing stage.
- Good appearance: Instant adhesives require a minimal amount to form strong bonds. There is little risk of overspill. Super glues leave minimal to no trace between substrates.
- Water resistant: Cyanoacrylates provide a continuous bond line. This prevents infiltration from water and other fluids.
Different formulations of instant adhesives are made to meet specific performance criteria. These include:
- High flexibility
- High strength
- High temperature
- High toughness
- Light cure
- Instant bond
- Low odor
- Surface insensitive
Certain types of adhesives are material-specific, to be used on rubber, plastic or metal.
Unlike one-part adhesives, two-part cyanoacrylates allow users to mix the adhesive for curing. This brings a higher level of control on the mixture. Two-part cyanoacrylates are ideal for gap filling applications.