Self-amalgamating tape is a unique type of tape that fuses to itself when stretched and wrapped around an object. This creates a strong, waterproof, and airtight seal that can withstand extreme temperatures and chemical exposure. Self-amalgamating tape is usually rubber- or silicon- based.
At ConRo Electronics we offer a variety of different types of self-amalgamating tape, perfect for any application where strong protection from the environment is needed. No matter what task you are tackling, our self-amalgamating tapes will help make sure it gets done with minimal stress and effort. All our tapes are sourced from leading manufacturers such as Henkel Teroson and are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and safety.
ConRo Electronics is an authorized distributor for Teroson.
Self-amalgamating tapes provide a number of benefits:
- Watertight sealing: Self-amalgamating tapes provide exceptional waterproofing, preventing moisture ingress and safeguarding equipment from corrosion and electrical damage.
- Versatile compatibility: These tapes can bond to a wide range of materials including rubber, plastic, metal, and insulating materials.
- High insulation properties: With superior insulating capabilities, self-amalgamating tapes effectively shield against electrical leaks, enhancing safety and performance.
- Flexibility and conformity: The tape’s unique self-fusing nature allows it to mould perfectly to irregular shapes, ensuring a snug fit and durable protection.
- Temperature resistance: Our tapes can withstand a wide range of temperatures, making them ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications in varying climatic conditions.
- Electrical repairs: Repairing damaged insulation on electrical cables, joints, and terminations.
- Pipeline maintenance: Sealing leaks and cracks in pipes.
- Automotive industry: Insulating and protecting wiring in vehicles.
- Telecommunications: Cable splicing and protecting exposed wiring.
- Aerospace and marine: Protecting wiring and components from harsh environmental conditions.