Metcal APR-1100-SRS Scorpion Rework System with SmartPlace Technology
The challenges of array package rework, and the inability to easily inspect placement accuracy, call for a solution that allows for simultaneous viewing of Printed Circuit Board pads and component balls for accurate placement.
The Scorpion Rework System fills this need with quick, accurate placement through the use of an all new vision system employing dual image overlay technology. This new vision system features LED lighting both top and bottom for shadow-free component visualization and component alignment. The HD camera is ready to go out of the box.
The two-head modular design allows the Scorpion Rework System to be tailored to the users specific rework needs and allows precision alignment of the smallest BGAs, QFNs and Micro SMDs with the highest accuracy. The open-ended board holder fits a wide variety of large, small and odd-shaped boards while allowing precise positioning over the patented dual subzone preheater.
The standard auto-profile mode ensures fast and easy profile creation with a minimum of setup time. By selecting your tempera- ture targets any operator can quickly and accurately create reflow profiles for a wide variety of boards, and then save them in memory for future use.
Source temperatures and time intervals can be modified "On-the-Fly", eliminating the need to wait for the current profile to terminate before modifications can be made. Precise solder joint temperatures are measured and displayed on a real time graphical display, thus providing the necessary data to accurately and easily establish the optimum reflow profile for each particular application within minutes.
The modular design of the Scorpion Rework System allows it to be configured to the users specific needs. The two-head system with precision placement package features placement accuracy to 0.0015" (.038mm). The standard single-head system provides placement accuracy to 0.004" (.1mm).
The Scorpion system accepts the full range of APR and QX series reflow nozzles. Flux transfer plates and solder paste plates are available to ensure repeatable process control during the replacement operation.
Features and Benefits:
- Desktop sized
- 2800W dual zone preheater with 550W top heater
- 208-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 15A-13A, Single Phase
- Modular design allowing the customer to customize the unit to meet their needs
- A 343mm (13.5") x open-ended PCB holder with micrometer adjustment
- Mechanical X and Z axis movement on linear bearings for long-life and minimal maintenance
- Component is retracted automatically at the end of reflow when removing parts
- Linux-based integral computer
- External USB for file transfer
- SmartPlace Vision System is a high definition vision system which uses dual CMOS sensors to assist in the placement of components and requires no calibration.
- Optional Precision Placement Head (APR-SRS-UK1) for ultra fine pitch components with placement accuracy of .038mm (.0015")
- Optional Contactless IR Sensor for auto start at pre-determined temperatures
SmartPlace Technology Vision System Features: •Dual, full color HD camera
- 25x Digital Zoom
- 45mm x 45mm (1.77" x 1.77") viewing area
- Selectable camera view
- Diffused LED lighting for shadow-free component alignment
- Auto-Profiling allows operators the ability to create successful reflow profiles the first time
- On the fly profile management of target set points, adding and subtracting time zones, and profile measurement points
- Real time graphical display of solder joint temperatures
- Internal storage of profile data with expansion and transfer via a USB flash drive
- Graphics-based user interface for simple operation
- Password protection for operators and engineers
- Uses existing APR-5000 Series reflow and vacuum nozzles
- Precision Placement head uses pick and place machine nozzles
- Compact footprint for easy benchtop use
- Self-contained machine, no air supply needed. Plug it in and it is ready to operate.
- Made in the USA
- APR-1100-SRS Scorpion Rework System with SmartPlace Technology
- Accessories included with APR-1100/1200-SRS:
- FSL-SRS-3 Spring PCB Finger Long (Pack 3)
- FSS-SRS-3 Spring PCB Finger Short (Pack 3)
- APR-TC3 Thermocouple Multi-Colored Set, 36 Gauge (Pack 3)
- VNZ-ORINGK O-Ring Kit (assortment, qty 5 for each of the 4 sizes)
- VNZ-12 Vacuum Pick-Up Nozzle,12mm, Reflow Head
- VNZ-08 Vacuum Pick-Up Nozzle, 8mm, Reflow Head
- VNZ-05 Vacuum Pick-Up Nozzle, 5mm, Reflow Head
- VNZ-01 Vacuum Pick-Up Nozzle, 1mm, Reflow Head
- AC-RP Nozzle Removal Pad
- APR-VRT Vacuum Nozzle Removal Tool
- SRS-PVT Placement Verification Kit
- 20987 CSP Adjustable V Block
- 19782 BGA Adjustable V Block
- KAP-100 Pre-cut Kapton Tape (qty 100)
- SRS-OPTICAL-KIT Optical Calibration Kit
APR-SRS-UK1 - Precision Placement Package
APR-SRS-UK2 - Contactless IR Sensor
APR-SRS-UK3 - Side View Camera
|Input Voltage:||208-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 15A-13A, Single Phase|
|Temperature Control Type:||Closed-Loop Control (Thermocouple)|
|Maximum Source Temperature:|
|Reflow Head:||400°C (752°F)|
|Top Nozzle Airflow:|
|Top Airflow Control:||Preset to Low, Medium, & High Flow Rates|
|Supply:||Self-Contained DC Pump (No Air Supply Required)|
|Maximum Field of View:||45mm x 45mm (1.77" x 1.77")|
|Minimum Size:||0.51mm x 0.25mm (0.020" x 0.10")|
|Maximum Weight:||55g (1.94 oz.)|
|PCB Handling Capability|
|Maximum Size:||343mm (13.5") in Y axis, open-ended in X axis|
|Maximum Thickness:||6mm (0.25")|
|System Warranty:||One Year Parts & Labor, 90 Days for Heaters & Lamps|
|Agency Approvals:||TUV German Standards, CE|