The tape is printed with a static symbol. It is a general-use utility tape for use in electronic applications where it’s anti-static properties are required.
3M Antistatic Utility Tapes 40 Printed and Unprinted represent a breakthrough in pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) tape technology. This new tape, which generates less than 50 Volts on unwind and removal from stainless steel, helps prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage to sensitive electronic components in manufacturing environments. Triboelectric charge may vary with your application and environment.
- 3M 40 antistatic utility tape can be used at static-safeguard workstations as part of your total static control program. It generates very low levels of static charge even in dry conditions of 10% relative humidity (RH). The tape is supplied on a paper core; antistatic plastic cores are available to minimize particulate contamination in clean work areas.
- 3M 40 antistatic utility tape is a transparent polyester film tape with acrylic adhesive. Made with a proprietary technology, the tape generates extremely low levels of triboelectric charge when it is unwound from the roll and also when removed from most surfaces on which it is placed. This makes the tape an excellent choice for use near electronic components and assemblies. The tape is supplied on 36-yard and 72-yard rolls on 1” and 3” cores.
40 Tape Printed for Protection
- The tape is printed on the adhesive side with the 3M logo and the ESD Protective Symbol. This reminds workers that 40 tape is one of the only utility tapes you should allow in static-safeguarded areas.
- Office/Clean Room/Work Station
- Holding notes of work orders
- Holding obstruction down
- Third hand, general purpose
- Close static shielding bags
- Conformal coating/maskins
- Holding and sealing supplies
- Box, bag and container sealing/holding DIP Tubes
- Removing Contaminants
- Label Stock