Bonderite C-AK ALUMTECH 2 AERO is an alkaline cleaner etchant. Developed by Henkel, a trusted name in industrial solutions, this metal pre-treatment liquid is designed for optimal performance in cleaning and etching aluminium through immersion methods. Bonderite C-AK ALUMTECH 2 AERO cleans light soiling while providing superior etching for various aluminium components, including extrusions, structural shapes, aircraft components, and truck bodies.
Bonderite C-AK ALUMTECH 2 AERO readily mixes with cold water at recommended dilutions, simplifying the preparation process for optimal usage. This product has a low surface tension, which causes uniform wetting of metal surfaces, resulting in a smooth matte finish that enhances the aesthetic and functional qualities of your aluminium parts.
- Low surface tension
- Operating temperature range: 40°C to 80°C
- Nonflammable in powder form or solution
- Produces minimal amount of sludge
- Easily controlled by simple titration
How to use Bonderite C-AK ALUMTECH 2 AERO
- Fill tank to operating level with cold or room temperature clean water.
- Add Bonderite C-AK ALUM ETCH 2 AERO, at 37.5 to 52.5 g/L of water, slowly to the top of the tank.
- Mix, with agitation, until the powder is fully dissolved.
- For cleaning and etching, the normal immersion time is from 3 to 5 minutes. However, heavily soiled parts should be pre-cleaned.
- Rinse parts with warm water immediately after removal from the bath.
- After rinsing, parts should be immersed in a deoxidizer/desmutter bath, then rinsed with cold water and dried.
Store Bonderite C-AK ALUM ETCH 2 AERO in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 5°C to 50°C. Shelf life of the product is 24 months if properly stored.