General purpose encapsulant with good flowability, long working time and flame resistance. Dow silicone encapsulants are supplied as two-part liquid component kits with a mixed ratio of 1 to 1. When liquid components are thoroughly mixed, the mixture cures to a flexible elastomer, which is well suited for the protection of electricalPCB system assembly applications.
Dowsilicone encapsulants cure without exotherm at a constant rate regardless of sectional thickness or degree of confinement. Dow silicone encapsulants require no post cure and can be placed in service immediately following the completion of the cure schedule.Standard silicone encapsulants require a surface treatment with a primer in addition to good cleaning for adhesion while primerless silicone encapsulants require only good cleaning.
Features & Benefits:
- Low viscosity
- Long working time
- Room temp or heat accelerated cure
- Moderate thermal conductivity
- UL 94 V-0 and MIL1 Spec tested to MIL-PRF-23586F (specifically listed material numbers only)
- Enhanced flow and fill in narrow spaces and around complex geometries
- Rapid, versatile cure processing controlled by temperature
- Provides stress relief in applications where hard, rigid encapsulants can cause damage during thermal cycling
- Can be considered for uses requiring added flame resistance and MIL Spec applications
- Approved for railways standard EN45545-2: R22/R23/R24/R25/R26 – HL
- 1:1 mix ratio
- Polydimethylsiloxane silicone elastomer
SYLGARD™ 170 Silicone Elastomer is suitable for use as an encapsulant or potting material.
- Potential applications:
- Power supplies
- Industrial controls
- High voltage resistor packs