Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer is a transparent, two component, 10:1 mix, heat curing encapsulant that is used as a protective coating for electrical applications. This product is designed to provide superior protection for crucial components such as power supplies, transformers, sensors, amplifiers, and connectors. Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer ensures optimal performance through its exceptional features, including flexibility, low stress, and ease of use and repair.
Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer stands out with its extended pot life and good dielectric properties. The two-part liquid component kit, when thoroughly mixed, cures to a flexible elastomer. No post-cure is required, allowing you to put your systems into service immediately after completing the cure schedule. Engineered to withstand a broad temperature range of -45 to 200°C for prolonged periods, Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer ensures reliable performance under diverse operating conditions.
- Flexible elastomer
- Good dielectric properties
- Easy to use and repair
- Rapid, versatile cure
- Transparent for easy inspection of components
- UL 94 V-1 flammability rating
- UL 746C recognized
How to use Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer Kit:
- Thoroughly mix base and curing agent, in a ratio of 10 parts base to 1 part curing agent, by weight.
- After mixing, agitate gently to reduce the amount of air introduced.
- If air bubbles are still present, vacuum de-airing may be required.
- Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer can be poured or dispensed directly into the container in which it is to be cured.
- The encapsulant can be either room temperature or heat cured. Heat curing should not be carried out above 60°C.
Store Dowsil SYLGARD 182 Silicone Elastomer Kit in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage is at or below 25° C.