The HCT2-200-21 Hot Air Pencil is the latest addition to Metcal’s convection rework tools. This digital handheld convection tool is ideally suited for light rework applications, which use smaller components and integrated circuits.
As component miniaturization continues (i.e. 01005components) the ergonomics of a pencil allow a user more freedom to access and rework components on the board without affecting adjacent parts. Larger handheld convection systems commonly reflow and dislodge adjacent components due to a higher minimum airflow.
The HCT2 series of Digital Hot Air Pencils have always included an array of nozzle sizes and precision control. The HCT2-200’simproved thermal performance allows the user to target a larger variety of components. Metcal has made working under a microscope easier with the optional bent nozzles. Add the HCT2-200-21 to your workbench and experience improved performance.
HCT2-200-21 was developed for very small surface mount component and package sizes (1206’s and smaller) and low board densities. For denser PCBA’s or applications with heavy copper planes; boards > 4 layers;or components larger than 5mm, use of a Metcal preheater (PCT-100 series) maybe necessary.
Features and Benefits
• 200 Watt Ceramic Heater and Dual Stage Air Pump: Provides the power and performance needed to deliver the right amount of thermal energy.
• Digital Airflow & Temperature Controls: Two LED displays provide a graphical and numerical representation of the desired airflow and temperature.
• Fast Response and Performance: A microprocessor controlled, closed loop feedback system provides fast heating, precise and stable temperature control.
• Standby Mode: When the hand-piece is placed into the workstand, the temperature will drop prolonging heater life.
• Replaceable Hand-Piece: The hand-piece has been redesigned to allow removal from front of the machine.
• Ergonomic and Light Weight Hand-Piece: Slim and ergonomic design hand-piece that feels like a pencil, with a rubber grip.
• Easily Change Heaters, Nozzles, and Hand-Pieces: All can be changed in moments.
• Nozzles: Six nozzles (1.5 mm – 4.0 mm)are included in the unit with a nozzle plate holder inside the workstand.
HCT2-200-21Digital Hot Air Pencil, 220-240 VAC
HN-120KIT-6 – Pack of 6 straight nozzles (1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm)
HN-HCT2-BENT-6 – Pack of 6 bent nozzles (1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm, 4.0mm)
HCT2-200-HP – Replacement Hand-piece
HCT-WS120 – Replacement Workstand with nozzle holder
HCT-HTR200 – Replacement 200W Heater
Please click here to view compatible HCT Nozzles And Accessories