This digital handheld convection tool is ideally suited for light rework applications, which use smaller components and integrated circuits.
As component miniaturization continues (i.e. 01005components) the ergonomics of a pencil allow a user more freedom to access and rework components on the board without affecting adjacent parts. Larger handheld convection systems commonly reflow and dislodge adjacent components due to a higher minimum airflow.
The HCT2 series of Digital Hot Air Pencils have always included an array of nozzle sizes and precision control. The HCT2-200’simproved thermal performance allows the user to target a larger variety of components. Metcal has made working under a microscope easier with the optional bent nozzles. Add the HCT2-200-21 to your workbench and experience improved performance.
HCT2-200-21 was developed for very small surface mount component and package sizes (1206’s and smaller) and low board densities. For denser PCBA’s or applications with heavy copper planes; boards > 4 layers;or components larger than 5mm, use of a Metcal preheater (PCT-100 series) maybe necessary.
Features and Benefits
- 200 Watt Ceramic Heater and Dual Stage Air Pump: Provides the power and performance needed to deliver the right amount of thermal energy.
- Digital Airflow & Temperature Controls: Two LED displays provide a graphical and numerical representation of the desired airflow and temperature.
- Fast Response and Performance: A microprocessor controlled, closed loop feedback system provides fast heating, precise and stable temperature control.
- Standby Mode: When the hand-piece is placed into the workstand, the temperature will drop prolonging heater life.
- Replaceable Hand-Piece: The hand-piece has been redesigned to allow removal from front of the machine.
- Ergonomic and Light Weight Hand-Piece: Slim and ergonomic design hand-piece that feels like a pencil, with a rubber grip.
- Easily Change Heaters, Nozzles, and Hand-Pieces: All can be changed in moments.
- Nozzles: Six nozzles (1.5 mm – 4.0 mm)are included in the unit with a nozzle plate holder inside the workstand.
Product Comprise of
- Base Unit Hand-Piece Workstand w/ Nozzle Holder Heater Assembly Pack of 6 Straight Nozzles Nozzle Removal Pad
There are no reviews yet.