LOCTITE® 221 is a methacrylate-based threadlocking adhesive designed for low strength applications on small threads up to a maximum size of M12. Typical fixture times are 25, 20 and 210 min on steel, brass and stainless steel respectively. Offering low viscosity and a breakaway torque of 8.5 Nm, the product is designed for fasteners that require easy disassembly with standard hand tools.
- Low strength
- For small threads thread locker up to M12
- Cures of air between close-fitting metal surfaces
- Cure time of 24 hours
- Viscosity of 100 → 150mPa/s
- Operating temperature ranges between -55⁰C and 180⁰C
- Chemical composition of dimethacrylate ester