LOCTITE 2400 is a medium strength threadlocker. The product is dimethacrylate-based and blue in colour. It is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require disassembly with standard hand tools. LOCTITE 2400 is particularly suitable for applications on less active substrates. E.g., stainless steel and plated surfaces.
LOCTITE 2400 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. This product is a “white label” material. It does not contain any declarable carcinogens, mutagens or toxins.
- Medium strength
- Medium viscosity
- Fluorescent under UV light
- No hazard symbols, no risk phrases and no safety phrases
- Tolerates slight contamination from oils and cutting fluids
- WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 1104507
How to use Loctite 2400:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Shake before use. Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 2400 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.