Loctite 243, also known as “Blue Loctite” is a medium strength threadlocker. It seals and locks metal nuts and bolts, preventing loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite 243 works on all metals, including less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces. It offers high-temperature performance. It tolerates minor contamination from oils, such as motor oils, cutting fluid and anti-corrosion fluid.
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies (pumps, gear boxes or presses)
- Allows disassembly with hand tools
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123000
- Operating temperature ranges between -55°C and 180°C
- Fixture time is 5 – 10 minutes
- Curing time is 24 hours
How to use Loctite 243:
Loctite 243 Assembly:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a LOCTITE® cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If curing speed is too slow, use an appropriate activator. Please see datasheet (Cure Speed vs. Activator graph) for reference.
- Shake thoroughly before use.
- Do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application. This will prevent Loctite 243 from clogging in the nozzle.
- Thru Holes: apply onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- Blind Holes: apply to the lower third of the internal threads or apply to the bottom of the blind hole.
- Sealing Applications: apply a 360° bead to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave first thread free. Force the material into the threads to fill any voids. For bigger threads and voids, apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Loctite 243 Disassembly:
- Use standard hand tools to remove components.
- If removing with hand tools is not possible, apply heat to nut and bolt. Approximately 250 C°.
- Disassemble while hot.
- Remove Loctite 243 by soaking in a LOCTITE® solvent. Use mechanical abrasion, such as a wire brush.