LOCTITE 248 is a medium strength, general purpose threadlocker in an easy-to-apply stick form. It is designed for the locking and sealing of bolts, nuts and studs. Its action prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It cures in the absence of air when confined between close fitting metal surfaces.
LOCTITE 248 is suited for applications where a liquid product may be difficult to apply or too fluid to stick to a component. This product works on all metals, including passive substrates. LOCTITE 248 is tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils.
- General purpose
- Medium strength
- Stick format prevents dripping
- Wax-like consistency
- Can be disassembled with hand tools
How to use Loctite 248:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Advance only enough product to use at the time of application. Remove any skin that might have formed on top of the stick.
- Apply sufficient LOCTITE 248 to fill the threads in the area where the nut will be engaged on the bolt.
- Re-cap product after use
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 248 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.