LOCTITE 262 is a medium/high-strength, low viscosity threadlocking adhesive. The product is methacrylate-based and red in colour. LOCTITE 262 is a general purpose product. It is suited for the locking and sealing of all metal fasteners.
LOCTITE 262 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces migration of liquid product after application.
- Medium/high strength
- Low viscosity
- Suitable for all metal fasteners
- Fluorescent under UV light
- Tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils
- Fixture time is 15 min on steel, 8 min on brass, 180 min on stainless steel
- Compliant to Mil-S-46163A specifications
How to use Loctite 262:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Shake before use. Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 262 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.