Loctite 266 is a surface insensitive, high strength, high viscosity threadlocker, designed for robust fastening in heavy-duty applications. The product cures when confined between closely fitting metal surfaces, creating a bond that prevents loosening and leakage of threaded fasteners. Loctite 266’s exceptional performance is particularly evident in applications involving heavy shock, vibration, and stress levels, making it an ideal choice for bolts used in transmissions, construction equipment, or railroad assemblies.
One of the standout features of Loctite 266 is its ability to withstand temperatures up to 232°C. This makes it a reliable companion in situations where exposure to heat is a constant challenge. Moreover, the threadlocker is formulated to be tolerant of oil and other mild surface contaminants, ensuring consistent performance even in less-than-ideal conditions.
- High strength
- High viscosity
- Locks fasteners up to 20mm in diameter
- Resists temperatures up to 232°C
- Thixotropic to reduce migration of liquid product
How to use Loctite 266:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent.
- If curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649.
- Shake before use. Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store Loctite 266 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.