LOCTITE 270 is a high-strength threadlocker. It is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of bolts, nuts and studs. Its action prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. LOCTITE® 270 is particularly suitable for heavy duty applications, where maximum strength is required.
LOCTITE 270 works on active metals and passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel) alike. The product offers high-temperature performance (up to 180° C) and good oil tolerance. It also withstands minor surface contaminants, such as cutting, lubrication and anti-corrosion fluids.
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, such as pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminium, plated surfaces)
- Tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils
- Can be disassembled with hand tools, after heating to 250°C
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123006
How to use Loctite 270:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE® solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE® SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 270 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.