LOCTITE 2700 is a high strength, low viscosity threadlocker. The product is dimethacrylate-based and green in colour. It is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. LOCTITE 2700 is developed for applications that do not require disassembly. It works on all metals, including passive substrates.
LOCTITE 2700 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. This product is a “white label” material. It does not contain any declarable carcinogens, mutagens or toxins.
- High strength
- Low viscosity
- Fluorescent under UV light
- No hazard symbols, no risk phrases and no safety phrases
- Tolerates slight contamination from oils and cutting fluids
- Improved cure strength on zinc-flake coated steel
- WRAS Approval (BS 6920): 1104508
How to use Loctite 2700:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Shake before use. Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 2700 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.