LOCTITE 2701 is a high-strength, low-viscosity threadlocker. The product is methacrylate-based and green in colour. It is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. LOCTITE 2701 is especially suited for use on chromated surfaces.
LOCTITE 2701 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It also tolerates slight contaminations of industrial oils.
- High strength
- Low viscosity
- Especially suited for use on chromated surfaces
- Effective on inactive substrates
- Fluorescent under UV light
- Tolerant of contamination due to industrial oils
- Fixture time is 10 min for steel, 4 min for brass, 25 min for stainless steel
How to use Loctite 2701:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store LOCTITE 2701 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.