Loctite 382 is a high viscosity, fast curing cyanoacrylate adhesive. The product is colourless and 1-part, requiring no mixing. Loctite 382 has been specifically designed for electronics applications. It is formulated to use in combination with Loctite 7455 Accelerators, to attain rapid curing for tacking electronics components. Loctite 382 is suitable for bonding metal and rubber. Typical applications include wire tacking to coil forms and tamper proofing adjustable components.
Loctite 382 cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture. The product develops full strength in 20 to 40 seconds. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full chemical resistance is developed. Substrate used and width of the bondline gap both affect curing speed.
- Instant adhesive
- High viscosity
- Effective on metal and rubber
- Effective on plastics and polyolefins in combination with primer
- Cures in 20 to 40 seconds
How to use Loctite 382:
- Apply one coating of Loctite 7455 Accelerator to the bonding area. Prior to application, contaminated surfaces may need cleaning or degreasing.
- Allow the accelerator time to evaporate under good ventilation until the surfaces are completely dry. This will take 15 to 30 seconds.
- Apply Loctite 382 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components within a few seconds. Assemble carefully: the short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Where possible, move surfaces in relation to each other for a few seconds on assembly to properly distribute the adhesive and for maximum activation.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store Loctite 382 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.