Loctite 4031 is a high viscosity, aloxyethyl cyanoacrylate instant adhesive. The product is transparent, colourless, low odour and low blooming. It is designed for applications where vapour control is difficult. Loctite 4031 bonds metal, rubber and plastics. Typical applications include the assembly of disposable medical equipment. The product retains its strength even after the equipment is subjected to sterilisation.
Loctite 4031 cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture. The product develops full strength in a very short time. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full chemical resistance is developed. Substrate, relative humidity and width of the bondline gap all affect curing speed.
Loctite 4031 is ISO 10993 certified.
- High viscosity
- Low odour, for applications where vapour control is vital
- Low bloom for cosmetic applications
- Effective on metal, rubber and plastics
- Suited for use on gaps up to 0.05 mm
How to use Loctite 4031:
- Bond areas should be free from contaminants. Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Loctite activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow it to dry. IMPORTANT: using activator can reduce ultimate strength of the bond. Testing is recommended to confirm effect.
- Apply Loctite 4031 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components within a few seconds. Assemble carefully: the short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store Loctite 4031 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.