Loctite 404 is a low viscosity, transparent ethyl cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is designed for the bonding of plastic and rubbers where very fast fixturing is required. The product is 1-part and cures at room temperature. Loctite 404 is suited for general maintenance. Typical applications include rubber O-ring bonding and mounting plastic labels and nameplates.
Loctite 404 develops full strength in a very short time. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full chemical resistance is developed. Width of the bondline gap and ambient humidity both affect curing speed.
- Very fast fixturing
- Low viscosity
- Colourless to straw colour
- Recommended for thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
- Qualified to Commercial Item Description A-A-3097 (This is a regional approval)
How to use Loctite 404:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- To improve bonding on low energy surfaces, Loctite 770 primer may be applied. Allow it to dry.
- Loctite activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 404 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store Loctite 404 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.