LOCTITE 406 is a 1-part, fast curing cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is designed for the bonding of plastics and elastomeric materials. This product can also be used on difficult-to-bond plastics, in combination with LOCTITE primers for cyanoacrylates.
LOCTITE 406 has exceptionally low viscosity. Full adhesive strength is developed in a very short time. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full chemical resistance is developed. Width of the bondline gap and ambient humidity both affect curing speed.
- Rapid bonding of plastic and rubber, including EPDM
- Speed: attaches components in seconds
- high strength
- Exceptionally low viscosity
How to use Loctite 406:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, LOCTITE 770 primer may be applied. Allow the primer to dry.
- LOCTITE activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow the activator to dry.
- Apply LOCTITE 406 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store LOCTITE 406 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container.