Loctite 415 is a high viscosity instant adhesive. The product is methyl-based, transparent and colourless. Loctite 415 is a general adhesive, particularly suited to bonding of metal surfaces. The product will also bond rubbers and plastic. It is also effective on polyolefins, if used in combination with a primer.
Loctite 415 provides a fixture time ranging from 20 to 40 seconds. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved within 24 hours. Under normal conditions, the atmospheric moisture initiates the curing process. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient humidity.
- High viscosity
- Fast fixturing (20-40 seconds)
- Provides outstanding adhesion to most surfaces
- Ideal for bonding medium to small-sized parts
- Best suited for thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
- Tested to the lot requirements of Military Specification Mil-A-46050C. This is a regional approval.
How to use Loctite 415:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- If using on polyolefins and other low-energy surfaces, apply a primer such as Loctite SF 770. If polyolefin and easier to bond materials are involved, apply the primer to the polyolefin only. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 415 to bond surfaces. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 415 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties