Loctite 425 is a low viscosity, low strength instant adhesive. The product is 1-part and dark blue in colour. It is designed for the locking of metal and plastic fasteners. Loctite 425 is suited for both pre- or post-assembly application. It is typically used in applications with an operating temperature range of -54°C to 85°C.
Loctite 425 fixtures in less than 2 minutes. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved within 24 hours. Under normal conditions, the atmospheric moisture initiates the curing process. Fixture speed can be increased by using a cyanoacrylate activator, such as Loctite SF 7113.
- Very fast fixturing
- Low strength
- Suitable for threadlocking and retaining
- Recommended for thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
- Operating temperature ranges from -54°C to 85°C
How to use Loctite 425:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Loctite SF 7113 activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 425 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.