LOCTITE 4902 is a clear, 1-part, highly flexible cyanoacrylate liquid adhesive. It is designed for the assembly of flexible medical devices. LOCTITE 4902 is suited for use on dissimilar substrates, including plastics, rubbers and metals. It offers notable performance improvements, compared to standard cyanoacrylates.
This product meets ISO 10993 Protocol standards for the biocompatibility of medical equipment.
- High flexibility: elongations up to 155%
- Speed: attaches components in seconds
- High strength
- Outstanding sealing properties
- Designed for bonding applications that require very rapid fixturing
- Designed for bonding application that requir fillet or surface cure
- Performs best in thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
How to use Loctite 4902:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, a primer may be applied. Allow the primer to dry.
- An activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow the activator to dry.
- Apply LOCTITE 4902 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store LOCTITE 4902 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container.