Loctite 515 is a single component, medium strength, methacrylate-based anaerobic sealant. It is designed for use on rigid metal flanges. The product provides an instant, low-pressure seal. Loctite 515 is used as a form-in-place gasket for pumps, thermostats, compressors, transmission housings and axle covers. It seals close-fitting joints and flexes with minor flange movements.
Loctite 515 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is designed for flanged parts with gaps up to 0.25 mm. The product is suitable for hand dispensing or screen printing.
- Medium strength
- High viscosity
- Ideal for machined metal flanges
- Instant low pressure resistance
- Perfect seal between components
- Designed for close-fitting joints with gaps up to 0.25 mm
How to use Loctite 515:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If curing speed is too slow use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 515 manually as a continuous bead or by screen printing to one surface of the flanges.
- Low pressures may be used when testing to confirm a complete seal. Perform test immediately after assembly and before curing.
- Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 515 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.