The product is especially suited for applications where minor oil contamination can occur, including gearboxes and engine casings. Loctite 5188 is a highly flexible sealant. It maintains flexibility even after exposure to high temperature. It ensures an instant, low-pressure seal.
Loctite 5188 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient temperature. The product ensures an instant low-pressure seal immediately after assembly. Loctite 5188 is suitable for hand or automatic dispensing.
- Medium strength
- High viscosity
- Ideal for all kinds of metal flanges, especially aluminium flanges
- Instant low pressure resistance
- Tolerates slight oil contamination on flange surface
- Excellent chemical resistance
How to use Loctite 5188:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Automatic dispensing equipment is recommended for best results. Loctite 5188 can also be applied manually as a continuous bead, by screen printing or by roller coating.
- Low pressures may be used when testing to confirm a complete seal. Perform test immediately after assembly and before curing.
- Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 5188 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.