Loctite 5188 is a medium strength, dimethacrylate-based form-in-place gasketing sealant. It is designed for use on rigid metal flanges. The product is especially suited for applications where minor oil contamination can occur, including gearboxes and engine casings. Loctite 5188 is a highly flexible sealant. It maintains flexibility even after exposure to high temperature. It ensures an instant, low-pressure seal.
Loctite 5188 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient temperature. The product ensures an instant low-pressure seal immediately after assembly. Loctite 5188 is suitable for hand or automatic dispensing.
- Medium strength
- High viscosity
- Ideal for all kinds of metal flanges, especially aluminium flanges
- Instant low pressure resistance
- Tolerates slight oil contamination on flange surface
- Excellent chemical resistance
How to use Loctite 5188:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Automatic dispensing equipment is recommended for best results. Loctite 5188 can also be applied manually as a continuous bead, by screen printing or by roller coating.
- Low pressures may be used when testing to confirm a complete seal. Perform test immediately after assembly and before curing.
- Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 5188 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.