Loctite 5400 is a medium strength, high viscosity, no-label thread sealant. The product is dimethacrylate ester-based and yellow in colour. Loctite 5400 is a general purpose sealant, designed for the locking and sealing of cylindrical metal assemblies. It guarantees an instant, low-pressure seal at low temperatures and prevents loosening due to shock and vibration. Loctite 5400 carries no hazard symbols, risk or safety phrases. The product does not contain any carcinogens, mutagens or toxins.
Loctite 5400 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. Rate of cure depends on temperature, bondline gap and substrate used. Loctite 5400 is a thixotropic product. Its viscosity decreases under stress. This property reduces migration of liquid product after application.
- General purpose sealant for metal pipes and fittings
- No hazard symbols, no risk phrases & no safety phrases
- Suitable for metal threads only
- Resistant to fuel, oil, coolants and hydraulic fluids
- Will not creep, shrink or block systems by shredding
How to use Loctite 5400:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Apply a 360° bead of Loctite 5400 to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Assemblies will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum strength and solvent resistance, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 5400 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.