LOCTITE 542 is a medium-strength thread sealant. The product is designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings, as well as other cylindrical metal assemblies. Especially suited for use on fine threads in hydraulic, pneumatic and general fittings. It prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration.
LOCTITE 542 cures at room temperature when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of liquid product after application.
- Medium strength
- Suitable for metal threads only
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Resistant to fuel, oil, coolants and hydraulic fluids
- DVGW approval (EN 751-1): NG-5146AR0855
How to use Loctite 542:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- Apply a 360° bead of LOCTITE 542 to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Assemblies will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum strength and solvent resistance, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store LOCTITE 242 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.