Loctite 545 is a high lubricity thread sealant. The product is designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings. It is especially suited for use on small fittings with fine threads. Typical uses include threaded fittings used in hydraulic and pneumatic installations. Loctite 545 is suitable for fittings up to 50 mm in diameter. Its high lubricity formulation allows for easy assembly.
Loctite 545 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. Rate of cure depends on temperature and substrate used. Loctite 545 prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration.
- High lubricity
- Excellent solvent resistance
- Contains no contaminating fillers or particles
- ABSSM approved
- CFIA approved
How to use Loctite 545:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- Apply a 360° bead of Loctite 545 to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Assemblies will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum strength and solvent resistance, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 545 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.