LOCTITE 55 – Thread Sealing Cord
LOCTITE 55 is a sealing cord designed for use on metal and plastic pipes and fittings. It instantly seals domestic and industrial pipe systems during assembly. The product is supplied in containers, which serve for both storage and dispensing purposes. The container includes a built-in cutter.
LOCTITE 55 is recommended for sealing tapered pipe threads and fittings up to 4″ size. It can be used with gas, potable water and both aqueous and non-aqueous fluids. LOCTITE 55 is certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61 for use in potable water systems not exceeding 82° C.
- General purpose
- Non-curing; immediate full-pressure seal
- WRAS listed – approval number 1807518, meets BS 6920 for potable water: 0808533
- DVGW/KTW approval for gas and potable water
- Tested in accordance with EN 751-2 Class ARp and DIN 30660
- Alternative to pastes, hemp and sealing tape
How to use Loctite 55:
- Clean parts with a wire brush before applying LOCTITE 55.
- Hold the end of the sealing cord against the male nipple with one finger, about two threads away from the end.
- Wind the fiber onto the threads in the same direction of the thread helix. Start from the end of the pipe. The grooves should be filled without completely masking the pitches of the thread.
- Be careful not to over-apply. Excessive material tends to be pushed off as fittings are assembled.
- Cut the required length off with the built-in cutting tool. Smooth the loose end onto the pitches of the thread.
- LOCTITE® 55 can be adjusted up to 90 minutes after tightening.
Store LOCTITE® 55 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.