LOCTITE 567 is a low-strength, high viscosity thread sealant. The product is a methacrylate-based paste, off-white in colour. It is designed for the locking and sealing of metal tapered threads and fittings. LOCTITE 567 is best suited for use on coarse threads up to M80/R3”. Its lubricating properties prevent galling on every type of metal.
LOCTITE 567 cures in the absence of air and by contact with metals. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces migration of liquid product after application. LOCTITE 567 provides high temperature performance. It also tolerates slight contaminations of industrial oils.
- Low strength
- High viscosity
- Work temperature ranges from -55°C to 150°C
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Seals instantly against low pressures
- UL approved
How to use Loctite 567:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Assemblies will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum strength and solvent resistance, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store LOCTITE 567 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.