LOCTITE 574 is a single component, medium strength, anaerobic sealant. It is designed to seal joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. The product is effective as a formed-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections. E.g., transmissions and engine casings.
LOCTITE 574 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It performs best on gaps up to 0.25 mm. LOCTITE 574 offers high oil tolerance. It also has excellent water and glycol resistant properties. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of liquid product after application.
- Medium strength
- High oil tolerance
- Excellent water and glycol resistance
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Instant low pressure resistance
- High pressure resistance when fully cured
How to use Loctite 574:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Use LOCTITE SF 7063.
- Apply LOCTITE 574 manually as a continuous bead, a rolled film or by screen printing to one surface of the flanges.
- Low pressures may be used when testing to confirm a complete seal. Perform test immediately after assembly and before curing.
- Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store LOCTITE 574 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
You can find our wide range of Loctite products here.