Loctite 5776 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. Rate of cure depends on temperature, bond gap and substrate used. Loctite 5776 prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration.
- Suitable for all coarse metal threads
- Suitable for gas and water pipes
- Positive under UV light
- Thixotropic to reduce migration of liquid product
- DVGW Approval (EN 751-1): NG-5146BU0527
- Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61. This is a regional approval.
How to use Loctite 5776:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Apply a 360° bead of Loctite 5776 to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Assemblies will seal instantly to moderate pressures. For maximum strength and solvent resistance, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store Loctite 5776 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.