Loctite 5800 is a single component, medium strength, anaerobic product used for the sealing of close-fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. Its remarkable resistance to low pressures immediately after the assembly of flanges makes it a reliable choice for various industrial purposes. Loctite 5800 is typically used as a form-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, such as gearbox and engine casings.
Loctite 5800 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. Part of Henkel Adhesives’ Health and Safety anaerobic range, this flange sealant prioritizes your well-being without compromising efficiency. Loctite 5800 is a label-free product. There are no risk or safety phrases associated with either the formulation or its ingredients.
- Suitable for machined, rigid metal faces and flanges.
- No hazard symbols, no risk phrases and no safety phrases
- Excellent chemical and temperature resistance after curing
- Provides instant low pressure seal
- Excellent resistance to oil, water and glycol
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
How to use Loctite 5800:
- For best results, bond surfaces should be clean and free from grease.
- The product is designed for close-fitting flanged parts with gaps up to 0.25mm.
- Apply Loctite 5800 manually as a continuous bead or by screen printing to one surface of the flanges.
- Low pressures can be used when testing to confirm a complete seal. Perform test immediately after assembly and before curing.
- Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
Store Loctite 5800 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.