Loctite 601 is a high strength, low viscosity retaining compound. The product is methacrylate ester-based and green in colour. It is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts that require a permanent bond. Loctite 601 is especially suited for the filling of small gaps. Its diametrical clearance is 0.1 mm.
Loctite 601 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. The rate of cure depends on substrates, bondline gap and temperature. The product prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration.
- High strength
- Low viscosity
- Designed for the filling of small gaps
- Positive under UV light for ease of inspection
- Service temperature ranges from -55°C to 150°C
- Fixture time on steel is 25 min
How to use Loctite 601:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- For slip fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar. Use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
- For press fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces. Assemble at high press on rates.
- For shrink fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive onto the pin. Heat collar to create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
- Allow Loctite 601 to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 601 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.