LOCTITE 603 is a high strength retaining compound. It is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. The product is especially suited for surfaces that are not consistently clean. LOCTITE 603 is highly resistant to oils.
LOCTITE 603 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. The product prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. Typical applications include retention of roller bearings or oil impregnated bushes into housings.
- Low viscosity
- High strength
- Especially suited for sintered bearings
- High oil tolerance
How to use Loctite 603:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- For slip fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar. Use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
- For press fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces. Assemble at high press on rates.
- For shrink fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive onto the pin. Heat collar to create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
- Allow LOCTITE 603 to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store LOCTITE 603 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.