Loctite 620 is a high strength, high temperature resistant retaining compound. The product is methacrylate ester-based and green in colour. It is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. Loctite 620 provides temperature resistance up to 200°C. Typical applications include locating pins in radiator assemblies, sleeves in pump housings and bearings in auto transmissions.
Loctite 620 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. The rate of cure depends on substrate, bondline gap and temperature. The product prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration.
- High strength
- High viscosity
- Fills gaps from 0.15 to 0.25 mm
- Service temperature ranges from -55°C to 230°C
- DVGW approval (EN 751-1): NG-5146AR0622
How to use Loctite 620:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as Loctite SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- For slip fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar. Use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
- For press fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces. Assemble at high press on rates.
- For shrink fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive onto the pin. Heat collar to create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
- Allow Loctite 620 to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 620 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.