LOCTITE 641 is a medium strength retaining compound. It is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. The product is especially suited for use on parts that need subsequent dismantling. It cures at room temperature when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air.
LOCTITE 641 prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. Typical applications include retention of bearings on shafts and in housings.
- Medium viscosity
- Medium strength
- Fills gaps up to 0.15 mm
- Recommended for parts that need subsequent dismantling
- Can be disassembled with hand tools, after heating to 250°C
How to use Loctite 641:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- For slip fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar. Use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
- For press fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces. Assemble at high press on rates.
- For shrink fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive onto the pin. Heat collar to create sufficient clearance for free assembly. Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow LOCTITE® 641 to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store LOCTITE 641 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.