Loctite AA 330 is a high viscosity, urethane methacrylate adhesive. The product is pale yellow and 1-part, requiring no mixing. Loctite AA 330 is a general purpose structural bonder. It is ideal for bonding disparate substrates like PVC, phenolic and acrylic compounds. Loctite AA 330 is suitable for use on metal, wood, ceramic and plastic. Typical applications include tool handles, appliances, sporting goods and decorative trim.
Loctite AA 330 cures in combination with an activator, such as Loctite SF 7386 or SF 7387. Substrate used and width of the bondline gap both affect curing speed. Curing will take at least 24 hours before full chemical resistance is developed. Loctite AA 330 provides good impact resistance and a service temperature range up to 100°C.
- General purpose
- High viscosity
- Good impact and heat resistance
- Requires an activator to initiate curing
- Registered to NSF Category P1. This is a regional approval.
How to use Loctite AA 330:
- Prior to application, contaminated surfaces may need cleaning or degreasing.
- Apply a coating of Loctite SF 7386 or SF 7387 activator to one of the bond surfaces.
- Apply Loctite AA 330 to the other bond surface. Parts should be assembled within 15 minutes.
- Recommended bondline gap is 0.1 mm. If bond gaps are large (up to a maximum of 0.5 mm), or faster cure speed is required, apply activator to both surfaces. Assemble parts within 1 minute.
- Clamp bond until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store Loctite AA 330 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.