Loctite AA F246 is a 2-part “no-mix” structural acrylic adhesive which cures rapidly at room temperature. It must be used in combination with an activator. The product is designed for high strength structural bonding. Loctite AA F246 is effective on a variety of substrates, including grit blasted steel, stainless steel, aluminium, polycarbonate and PVC.
Loctite AA F246 cures quickly at room temperature on assembly of the joint. Fixture time is usually under 5 minutes. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, temperature and bondline gap. Loctite AA F246 provides resistance to heavy shocks, vibration and high temperatures.
- High strength
- High viscosity
- Requires activator
- Toughened bond, designed for high stress applications
- Recommended for bondline gaps up to 0.1 mm
- Very fast curing
How to use Loctite AA F246:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Apply activator to one of the bond surfaces. We recommend using Loctite SF INI1 or Loctite SF INI5.
- Apply Loctite AA F246 to the other bond surface. Assemble parts within 15 minutes.
- If bond gap is larger than 0.1 mm (up to a maximum of 0.5 mm), apply activator to both surfaces. Assemble parts within 1 minute.
- Clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will take from 24 to 72 hours.
Store Loctite AA F246 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.