The adhesive cures rapidly at room temperature when combined with the provided activator.
Loctite AA F246 / Loctite SF INI5 Acrylic Kit is a 2-part “no-mix” structural acrylic adhesive kit. The kit is composed of a 50ml tube of toughened acrylic adhesive and a 32ml bottle of Initiator no. 5. Combining Loctite AA F246 with the activator allows it to cure rapidly at room temperature.
Loctite AA F246 / Loctite SF INI5 is a kit designed for high strength structural bonding. The product is effective on a variety of substrates, including stainless steel, aluminium, polycarbonate and PVC. Fixture time is usually under 5 minutes. The rate of cure depends on the substrate used, temperature and bonding gap. Fully cured Loctite AA F246 provides excellent resistance to heavy shocks, vibration and high temperatures.
- Room temperature cure
- Solvent-free activator
- Very fast curing when the adhesive is combined with the activator
- Toughened bond, designed for high stress applications
- Recommended for bonding gaps up to 0.1 mm
- Suitable for a variety of substrates
How to use Loctite AA F246 / Loctite SF INI5 Acrylic Kit:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Apply Loctite SF INI5 to one of the bond surfaces.
- Apply Loctite AA F246 to the other bond surface. Assemble parts within 15 minutes.
- If the bond gap is larger than 0.1 mm (up to a maximum of 0.5 mm), apply the activator to both surfaces. Assemble parts within 1 minute.
- Clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow the product to develop full strength before subjecting it to any service loads. This will take from 24 to 72 hours.
Store Loctite AA F246 / Loctite SF INI5 Acrylic Kit in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.