Loctite EA 9455 is a 2-part, high strength, low viscosity epoxy adhesive. The product is colourless, fast curing and uses mercaptan as a hardener. It is suitable for use on plastics, metals, glass, wood, ceramics and rubbers. Loctite EA 9455 is an excellent electrical insulator and provides good peel resistance.
Loctite EA 9455 cures at room temperature after mixing. It develops full strength within 3 to 6 hours. High temperatures can accelerate the curing process. Typical applications for this product include bonding and potting of optical components like sensors and lenses.
- Toughened, high strength epoxy adhesive
- Low viscosity
- 2-part product, requiring mixing prior to application
- Very clear adhesive bondline
- Low shrinkage properties
- Provides excellent electrical insulation
How to use Loctite EA 9455:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Blend resin and hardener before use. Loctite EA 9455 can be applied directly from dual cartridges. Dispense through the mixer head supplied. Discard the first 3 to 5 cm of bead dispensed.
- If using bulk containers, mix thoroughly in the proportions specified in the Product Description Matrix. For hand mixing, weigh or measure out the desired amount of resin and hardener and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the adhesive to one surface to be bonded. For maximum strength, apply evenly to both surfaces. Apply as quickly as possible and assemble parts immediately.
- Don’t move the assembled parts during cure. Allow bond to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take 3 to 6 hours.
Store Loctite EA 9455 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.