Loctite EA 9466 is a 2-part industrial grade epoxy adhesive. It uses amine as a hardener. Once mixed, the two components cure to form a tough, off-white bondline. Loctite EA 9466 provides outstanding bond strength on a wide variety of plastics and metals. It provides high peel resistance and high shear strengths. It is resistant to a range of chemicals and is an excellent electrical insulator.
Loctite EA 9466 cures at room temperature after mixing. It offers an extended working life (about 60 minutes) and has a fixturing time of 180 minutes on steel. High temperatures can accelerate the curing process. Loctite EA 9466 is typically used for general purpose industrial applications that require an extended work life for adjusting parts during assembly.
- Excellent bond strength on a variety of substrates
- Medium viscosity
- Long working life
- High peel and shear strength
- Provides excellent electrical insulation
How to use Loctite EA 9466:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Dual cartridges: Insert cartridges in the application gun. Start the plunger into the cylinders. Remove cartridge cap, expel and discard a small amount of adhesive.
- For automatic mixing of resin and hardener, attach mixing nozzle at the end of the cartridge. Begin dispensing the adhesive.
- For hand mixing, expel the desired amount of adhesive and mix thoroughly. Continue mixing for 15 seconds after the product assumes a uniform colour.
- Bulk containers: Mix thoroughly in the proportions specified in the technical datasheet.
- Apply the adhesive to one surface to be bonded. For maximum strength, apply evenly to both surfaces. Apply as quickly as possible and assemble parts immediately.
- Allow bond to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads.
Store Loctite EA 9466 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.