LOCTITE Letter Grade B(085) Medium Strength Threadlocker is used to lock and seal fine threaded nuts, bolts and studs in a wide variety of applications, removable with tools. This product is also used for mounting bearings, bushings and other shaft related applications. Note:This is a regional approval. Please contact your local Technical Service Center for more information and clarification.
LOCTITE GRD B is tested to the lot requirements of Military Specification Mil-S-22473E. Note: This is a regional approval. Please contact your local Technical Service Center for more information and clarification.
Each lot of adhesive produced in North America is tested to the general requirements defined in paragraphs 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 and to the Detail Requirements defined in section 5.2.
Directions for use:
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a LOCTITE® cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too slow, spray all threads with Activator 7471™ or 7649™ and allow to dry.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application.
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thouroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot.
- Cured product can be removed with a combination of soaking in a Loctite solvent and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.