Loctite HY 4070 is a 2-part, fast fixturing hybrid adhesive. The product is based on two components: cyanoacrylate and methacrylate. It provides great adhesive performance on various substrates, including most plastics, rubbers and metals. Loctite HY 4070 is ideal for applications requiring the complete cure of excess adhesive. For best results, apply with Loctite 10 ml mixing nozzle.
Loctite HY 4070 cures by mixing components A and B. Handling strength is achieved rapidly. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved within 24 hours. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient temperature. The non-sag properties the product prevent adhesive flow, even on vertical surfaces. Loctite HY 4070 is resistant to moisture and temperature.
- Non-sag consistency
- Fast fixturing
- Temperature resistance from -40°C to 100°C
- Provides excellent adhesion to a variety of surfaces
- Gap filling up to 5 mm
How to use Loctite HY 4070:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Blend components A and B. The use of Loctite 10 ml mixing nozzle is recommended.
- Hold the cartridge upright and insert the plunger.
- Remove cap, attach the mixing nozzle, and begin dispensing the adhesive upward. Dispense until any bubbles present in the smaller component have been removed.
- Dispense and discard a bead as long and as wide as the mixing nozzle, to ensure sufficient mixing.
- Apply Loctite HY 4070 to one of the bond surfaces. Assemble immediately.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite HY 4070 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 21° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.