Loctite LB 8023 is a brush top lubricant and anti-seize designed to protect assemblies from high humidity and exposure to fresh and salt water. It is a metal-free product in the form of a smooth, black paste. Typical marine applications for Loctite LB 8023 include bolts, screws, studs, pipe joints, cables and more. The product is also commonly used in pulp and paper mills, water treatment plants, and as dressing for water pump gaskets and flanges.
Loctite LB 8023 is an anti-seize lubricant. When used on a bolt, it provides greater clamp load for the same torque compared to an unlubricated bolt. Loctite LB 8023 prevents galvanic corrosion. It offers excellent resistance to high temperatures, with an operating range of -29°C to 1315°C.
- Superior water spray and wash-out resistance
- Prevents galvanic corrosion
- Inhibits formation of rust
- Temperature resistant to +1315°C
- ABS approved
How to use Loctite LB 8023:
- For best results, clean mating surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Clean parts with a wire brush prior before application.
- Apply a thin coating of Loctite LB 8023 to mating surfaces.
- Assemble parts.
- Do not use thinner.
Store Loctite LB 8023 in the unopened container in a dry location. Keep container tightly closed. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.