Engineered by Henkel, a leading name in adhesive technologies, Loctite PC 5070 is an emergency repair product for sealing leaks on metal, plastic and composite pipes. This kit includes a urethane-impregnated fiberglass tape designed to make on-site pipe repairs in just around 30 minutes. Additionally, Loctite PC 5070 includes a one-use Loctite EA 3463 epoxy stick, perfect for filling holes and cracks prior to applying the fiberglass tape. The combination of fiberglass tape and epoxy stick provides a dependable and rapid pipe repair system.
The Loctite PC 5070 Pipe Repair Kit excels in various applications, including sealing cracked castings, tanks, vessels, valves, and pipes. However, please note that this kit is not suitable for pipelines carrying caustic, hazardous, or otherwise harmful materials. Loctite PC 5070 performs optimally within an operating range of 29°C to +121°C, making it suitable for a wide range of environments and conditions.
- Repairs pipes in around 30 minutes, minimising downtime
- No special tools or training required
- Conforms to odd shapes
- Superior adhesion and pressure retention
How to use Loctite PC 5070 Pipe Repair Kit:
- For best results, abrade the pipe with sandpaper or file and clean the surface with an oil-free solvent before using Loctite PC 5070.
- To stop low pressure leaks or fill cracks and voids, use the Loctite EA 3463 epoxy stick included in the kit. Mix and knead the stick until it is uniform in color, then press the mixed epoxy into the crack or hole.
- Activate the urethane impregnated fiberglass tape by soaking in room temperature water for 20 seconds before applying.
- Apply the tape by firmly wrapping it around the pipe, overlapping itself and completely covering the damaged area.
- The tape will fully harden in 30 minutes.
Store Loctite PC 5070 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal storage: 8°C to 21°C. Storage below 8°C or greater than 28°C can adversely affect product properties.