Loctite SF 7200 is a solvent-based product used to remove cured chemical gaskets. Its formulation softens the gasket material, eliminating the need for excessive scraping. Once applied, Loctite SF 7200 generates a foam-like layer on the gasket. The product will not run, even on vertical surfaces. Loctite SF 7200 allows for the removal of chemical gaskets in 10 to 15 minutes.
Typical applications for Loctite SF 7200 include removal of all types of chemical gaskets from metal flanges. It is particularly suitable for use on soft metal flanges (e.g. aluminium), where scraping could lead to surface damage. The product is also useful to aid removal of adhesives, baked-on grease or oil, paint, varnish, etc. from metal flanges or surfaces. Loctite SF 7200 is not recommended for use on plastic surfaces.
- Easy application from an aerosol can
- Removes gaskets in 10 to 15 minutes
- Does not run after application
How to use Loctite SF 7200:
- Carefully protect painted surfaces from overspray before use. Loctite SF 7200 will damage painted surfaces.
- For best results, hold the can upright 20 to 30 cm away from the working area. Spray generously onto the flange or surface – the heavier the coat, the better.
- Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes to soften the gasket. For silicone gaskets, leave on for 30 minutes.
- Remove the gasket with a soft scraper and wipe the flange or surface clean. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
- Before applying new gasketing material, it is essential to clean the flange or surface with appropriate solvents such as Loctite 7063.
Store Loctite SF 7200 in the unopened container in a dry location. Protect the container from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
This product is categorised as FLAMMABLE and must be stored in compliance with relevant regulations.