Loctite SF 7455 is an amine-based activator designed to accelerate the curing speed of cyanoacrylate (instant) adhesives. It is especially suited for post-application use. It can also be pre-applied to the bond area. Use of Loctite SF 7455 is recommended in the presence of dissimilar surfaces (such as metal, glass and ceramics) and close fitting parts. Typical applications include securing wires or coils to PCBs and tamper-proofing adjustable components.
Fixture time and cure speed achieved depend on the adhesive used and the substrate bonded. Loctite SF 7455 can affect certain plastics or coatings. It is recommended to check all surfaces for compatibility before use. This product should only be used in a properly ventilated workspace.
- Increases curing speed on close-fitting parts
- Especially suited for post-application use
- Suitable for all substrates
How to use Loctite SF 7455:
- Post-activation use: Apply cyanoacrylate adhesive to the parts to be bonded. Spray or drop Loctite SF 7455 over all the exposed adhesive.
- Surface activation: Spray or brush on the activator on both mating surfaces. Cleaning may be required before application on contaminated surfaces.
- Allow Loctite SF 7455 time to evaporate under good ventilation. Wait until the surfaces are completely dry.
- Apply the adhesive immediately after the activator dries. Do not wait more than 45 seconds. Activator can be re-applied if there is a delay of more than 45 seconds.
- Apply the adhesive to one or both surfaces. Assemble parts immediately.
Store Loctite SF 7455 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
This product is categorised as HIGHLY FLAMMABLE and must be stored in compliance with relevant regulations.
There are no reviews yet.